Cleaning the bathroom can be intimidating and very gross. It should be the cleanest space in your home. Cleaning your bathroom is something you will never relish. However, cleaning the bathroom should not be a thankless task or a time-consuming one. But do you know how to clean a bathroom?
We are here to make your bathroom cleaning job as easy as possible. Let us discuss how to clean a bathroom efficiently, effectively, and quickly.
We have prepared how to clean a bathroom guide for you.
Table of Contents
How to Clean a Bathroom Guide?
It is the first and the most important step of how to clean a bathroom guide.
It is nearly impossible to clean any space if it is cluttered that’s why it is important to declutter. The first step in cleaning your bathroom is tiding and organizing everything which includes getting rid of clutter. In the bathroom, you need to remove everything on surfaces whether it’s on the counter or in the tub, and put everything outside the bathroom. Toss all the used towels and rugs outside the bathroom.
2. The Toilet
When we are discussing how to clean a bathroom, it is important to discuss cleaning your toilet.
Cleaning a toilet is the most unpleasant task, but you have no choice but to tackle it. Here are a few ways to make your job easier and pocket-friendly.
- Toilet Cleaner: Grab a toilet cleaner from brands like Harpic or Lizol and apply it on your toilet bowl, around the bowl, and even outside the bowl to get rid of all the germs and let it sit for about 5 minutes before scrubbing and flushing.
- Antacid Tablets: Drop one denture tablet which contains baking soda or two antacid tablets into the bowl, let them dissolve for about 15-20 minutes, then scrub your toilet bowl with a toilet brush. A vitamin C tablet will also work.
- Mouthwash: You can also use your mouthwash to clean your toilet bowl. Pour ¼ cup of mouthwash into the bowl and let it sit for about half an hour, scrub it with a toilet brush and flush it.
- Cola: Yes you read it right, you can use cola to clean your toilet. Fill your toilet bowl with a can of cola and let sit for about 30-45 minutes before scrubbing and flushing.
Tips for toilet cleaning:
- Use a stiff-bristled toilet brush for scrubbing.
- Do not forget to wipe the toilet seat and flush handle with disinfectant wipes.
- Spray some disinfectant around the base of the toilet it will help break down any urine odor.
- After use clean, the toilet brushes with a disinfectant.
It is important to keep your toilet free of germs. Hence, it is a very important step when you are following how to clean a bathroom guide.
3. Tile Grout
When you are following this how to clean a bathroom guide, you can never ignore the tiles and glass in your bathroom. These surfaces need special cleaning treatment. Use a non-abrasive cleaner like a multi-purpose bathroom cleaner, baking soda, or pine oil. Avoid scrubbing with pads because they can scratch and dull the finish.
- If you need to keep your grout and tiles sparkling, then follow our tried and tested DIY recipe for tile scrub.
- Mix 1/4 cup of liquid dish wash, 1/4 cup of baking soda, and 2 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide. Also, add 10 drops of any essential oil to it. Mix it well.
- Apply this cleanser on the affected area and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then scrub it off and rinse well.
- This cleanser doesn’t store well so only make as much as you need.
You should never skip this step when you are following our how to clean a bathroom guide.
4. The Tub
Soap scum, hair products, and bath oil deposits mildew and mold on the surface of the shower and tub. Hence, it is important to clean the shower and tub and it is one of the important steps in how to clean a bathroom guide.
- Spray the tub with a generous layer of all-purpose bathroom cleaner and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. This will help the cleanser to dissolve soap scum, oil, and grease to remove it.
- If you don’t have an all-purpose bathroom cleaner then you can make one at home. Mix equal parts of vinegar and liquid dish wash in a spray bottle and follow the above-mentioned steps.
- After 15 minutes scrub it and rinse well.
The sink drain is one of those places with the highest bathroom bacteria count, hence, we cannot skip to mention it in our how to clean a bathroom guide. From toothpaste dribbles to greasy soap stains and hair products, the sink endures a daily accumulation of dirt. Hence, it is important to keep your sink sparkling with regular cleaning.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water and spray it on your bathroom sink. After that sprinkle some baking soda on it and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Scrub it with the help of a scrubber or a toothbrush and rinse with hot water.
- Clean the handles and faucets using disinfecting wipes.
It is a very important step when you are following this how to clean a bathroom guide.
6. Bathroom Floor
The next step in how to clean a bathroom guide is the cleaning of the bathroom floor and one of the most crucial parts of your bathroom cleaning routine.
- Spray a good amount of disinfectant multi-purpose cleaner or mixture of water and vinegar on the floor. Scrub it using a brush and rinse with hot water.
- Then wipe the floor with a clean cloth or with an adjustable mop.
7. Clean the ceiling
With our how to clean a bathroom guide you have managed to clean your bathroom in a hassle-free way but you forgot to look up! It is as important as any other above-mentioned step.
- Vacuum all the dust from the bathroom ceiling and fan.
- Also, you can clean it with a soap and water solution.
You will feel like a better person in a clean bathroom.
We hope that our how to clean a bathroom guide will help you clean your bathroom effectively and that too in less time.